We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

Hi Guys,

After getting married in San Francisco on Friday 28th June 2013, my soon to be wife and I are travelling down to Monterey for the day and night as the first leg of our honeymoon. We were originally going to Napa but our plans have had to change. As we are big wine lovers, are there any good wine tours or romantic things that can be done?

Cheers

Paul

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32737-d65…

You may want to stay in Carmel - much more romantic and relatively less touristy after the crowds leave ocean avenue. Also check out Highlands Inn or Tickle Pink Inn

Or if you like a wine Inn. check out Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley . their Viognier is really good

---

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

The Tickle Pink Inn would be a lovely choice for a honeymoon hotel. We have stayed there a few times and have always enjoyed the rooms, service, outdoor terraced hot tub, gorgeous views and wine and cheese reception in the afternoon. Breakfast is also included with your room here.

If you want to stay in downtown Carmel, La Playa has recently been remodeled and is also very nice. They offer a champagne breakfast buffet now with your stay and there is a nice outdoor heated pool there.

Take a drive out to Carmel Valley and make stops at Chateau Julien and Bernardus. Robert Tallbott and Georis are also not to miss in this area with a meal at either Wickets @ The Bernardus Lodge or Corkscrew Cafe adjacent to Georis.

www.carmelcalifornia.com Happy Travels! :)

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,958 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

Carmel Valley is a wonderful place for daytrips in the Monterey area. Lots of fine wineries and shopping in the little village out there. Besides the Robert Talbott wines, there also is a Robert Talbott outlet store for their men's and women's clothing. We bought several dress shirts and neckties (for me) and sweaters, blouses and accessories (for Mrs. OJ) for about half the price you'd pay at their regular stores.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

Someone else recently posted these links. One is a wine walking tour in Carmel, and the other is a food walking tour in Carmel. Both look like they might be fun.

carmelcalifornia.org/things-to-do/wine.aspx

http://www.carmelfoodtour.com/

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,685 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

The Monterey Wine Trolley is on my list of things to do - sort of silly, but it just seems like a really good time. Plus it solves the issue of designating a driver :)

www.toursmonterey.com/WTPages/WTHome.html

The tour leaves from the Portola Hotel in Monterey, which is a hotel that I really like.

6. Re: Honeymoon - Things to do i.e Wine Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014