We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire car in LA and drive to SF

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hire car in LA and drive to SF

Hello all,

Looking to hire a car in LA/Santa Monica area and drive the coast to San Francisco over 3-4 days. Just wondering if the car companies allow you to do this, and what sort of 'drop off' fee we could expect. Thanks.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,521 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hire car in LA and drive to SF

I love the language that we learn from others. We heard a great story from a visiting family whose sons were horrified when a woman nearby loudly told her toddler, "Sit on your fanny!"

When traveling with some new Aussie friends, they thought it was hysterical that after sunset I said I was going to change from shorts to long pants (I should have said 'trousers'.) And when it was my turn to make dinner, one asked if 'tea' was almost ready. What? I was making her dinner, and now she wants a cup of tea! (We laughed when it was explained.)

We hire a limo because that includes a person. You can hire a limo, hire a car, rent a hotel room, never use the word fanny, or whatever you want! Just be sure to enjoy your time in California. シ

12. Re: Hire car in LA and drive to SF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 16, 2013