We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to wear in monterey next week i am used to hot weather

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Andreas...
2 posts
Save Topic
what to wear in monterey next week i am used to hot weather

I need to know if i should wear shorts in monterey I aqm going to be there next week the 5th to the 9th Ineed to know what to wear

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: what to wear in monterey next week i am used to hot weather

I agree about bringing a pair of shorts. Last 2 times we were in Monterey (June of this year), it was supposed to be low 60s, but the fog burned off and the weather got quite warm (relatively speaking of course). My husband wore jeans, but sincerely wished that he had brought shorts instead.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: what to wear in monterey next week i am used to hot weather

Bottom line: You just never know about the weather. But you DO know your own body. If my doctor hadn't ordered me to wear socks and closed shoes, I'd be walking around in sandals all the time, even when it's 57, as it is this morning. I just don't get cold, but that's me. The way people react to the weather is very individual, but you can' t go wrong if you come prepared for the extremes--which, around here, is a pretty small window.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: what to wear in monterey next week i am used to hot weather

For gosh sakes, how much room could one pair of shorts take up? If you have a car, keep them in there if you are out for the day. Then you'll be prepared for anything.

I'll be down there this weekend, and I'm planning on both kinds of weather, as always.

14. Re: what to wear in monterey next week i am used to hot weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 21, 2013