We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel or Monterey - Mom & Daughter trip from SF

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carmel or Monterey - Mom & Daughter trip from SF

Hello,

I'm flying in to visit my daughter in SF and we are taking a one day/night adventure to the area. Not sure which is more quaint and/or beautiful - Carmel or Monterey? I know they are very close together, but she doesn't care, so it's up to me. I do know she would like to see Big Sur as well. Can you recommend a nice hotel for us as well? Also...in all honesty, I have to admit being a bit nervous about hotels and bedbugs after seeing a program aired on TV.

Thanks for suggestions....appreciate any help and/or advice. We plan on coming mid May.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,677 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Carmel or Monterey - Mom & Daughter trip from SF

There is lodging in Pacific Grove where you can park your car and walk into Monterey or to into PG's downtown. Most are B&B accommodations.

Gosby House Inn

Seven Gables Inn

Green Gables Inn

The Centrella Inn

Martine Inn

There is also Borg's Oceanfront Hotel, which commands glorious views of Monterey Bay from the rooms in the front of the hotel. And the pink ice plant is in bloom right now, which makes the views pop that much more. It isn't a world class place, but the rooms are clean and, again... that view!

www.borgsoceanfrontmotel.com

Chicago
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Carmel or Monterey - Mom & Daughter trip from SF

Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I'm so looking forward to the visit and plan on enjoying as much as possible during our short stay. But, i will be saving all these wonderful suggestions for our next visit!!!!

13. Re: Carmel or Monterey - Mom & Daughter trip from SF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, June 22, 2013