We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation In September!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Vacation In September!

Why is it,I am unable to get any place to stayin the middle of September, My friend and I plan on visiting for a few days and no one seems to have rooms during September, Why is that?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,077 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation In September!

When exactly do you plan on going? I found availability the weekend of Sept.15. The Monterey Jazz Festival is September 21st, so there may be some availability issues that weekend.

pebble beach
Level Contributor
239 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation In September!

hi the portola plaza is in the middle of monterey and the warf it is great place to stay and they have rooms. the plaza is also wonderful and they also have rooms.the pacific hotel is also availablei hope this helps you out

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation In September!

We plan on going during the week of the 18 to 20th!

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation In September!

Those dates are sandwiched between two event weekends, the Cherries Jubilee car show is the weekend before, and the Jazz Festival the following weekend. You're probably competing with people trickling out of one event and into the other.

By the way, Belarina, the Portola Hotel hasn't had the name "Plaza" attached to it for several years. The Monterey Plaza Hotel sued over the name "Plaza" and won. I thought it was a rather frivolous lawsuit, but people were making reservations at the Portola Plaza thinking it was the the Monterey Plaza and then they showed up at the wrong hotel very disappointed.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 11:37 pm, March 15, 2012
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation In September!

Thank you, that is what I wanted to Know, I appericate your help!

Level Contributor
36,926 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation In September!

We have stayed at The Hotel Pacific, it is a great place! Very spacious rooms with fireplaces and balconies. Our room had heated floors in the bathroom and breakfast is included with your room. They have a nice courtyard there with an outdoor hot tub. :)

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation In September!

We stayed at the Best Western Victoria Inn on foam street.

Very nice walk to aquarium cannery row.

I checked they have rooms available for your date.

Get AAA card for additional discount.

8. Re: Vacation In September!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, June 20, 2013