We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do tired?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to do tired?

I am having my first trip to Monterey but will be arriving via San Francisco from the UK.On my first night,could anybody please recommend somewhere close to Abrego St and Freemont St where I can find a place to eat, combined with hopefully live music and a chance to meet the locals for a chat as I travel alone.Thank you all....

mbl
Monterey, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do tired?

Try anywhere down on Alvarado Street. You may enjoy the Mucky Duck. When you get into town, be sure to pick up a copy of the Coast Weekly. It's a free local publication that has a listing of the local establishments and what type of music they will have during the week/weekend.

Have fun.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do tired?

There are also two British Pubs (Americanized version) in the Alvarado Street area -- The Britannia Arms and the St. James (?) where I would imagine you will be welcomed with open arms. Lots of British pubs around here for some reason.

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do tired?

As previous posters have written, I agree, Alvarado Street will be your best bet. It is a fairly short street loaded with shops, pubs, and restaurants located in the heart of Monterey. As a local for 15 years, Alvarado Street is known as a common gathering spot for locals and tourists alike.

LALLApalooza 474 Alvarado Street, +1(831)645-9036... has the best martini bar.

The Mucky Duck 479 Alvarado Street (near Jefferson St), +1 (831)655-3031... is a British pub with DJ dance music.

Viva Monterey 414 Alvarado Street, +1(831)646-1415... has live music every night.

Britannia Arms 444 Alvarado Street (near Munrus St), +1(831)656-9543... is another pub. This one is LOUD enough that you'll find yourself shouting to be heard.

Also worth checking out are the websites below...

http://www.montereyhq.com/entertainment.html

http://www.newmonterey.com/nightlife/

A word to the wise... the Monterey Police Department is a stones through away from Alvarado St. and they fiercely enforce zero tolerance for driving under the influence, also they patrol this area with vigor.

Be safe and have a great night out!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do tired?

Thanks for your advice,sorry it'es taken so long to get back to you all.......