We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with indoor pool in Monterey?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with indoor pool in Monterey?

We are traveling to Monterey in mid November with our 8 and 10 year old kids. After a day of sightseeing they really like a swim. Are there any nice hotels in Monterey with indoor pools?

Level Contributor
34,732 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with indoor pool in Monterey?

Hello and welcome! The Embassey Suites in nearby Seaside, just a 5 minute drive to downtown Monterey has an indoor pool. Have fun, are you going to the aquarium? If you want to stay directly on the beach, across the street is the Best Western Beach Resort, they have an outdoor heated pool with a jacuzzi. :)

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with indoor pool in Monterey?

Thank you so much!! As I continue my research I see that outdoor pools in CA are open year round and heated! I found the Quail Lodge Resort in Carmel that heats it's outdoor pool to 87 degrees F. I know this hotel is a bit off the beaten path as it's about 15 minutes from Monterey, and I'm OK with that. Do you have any feedback on this place? Thanks again!

Level Contributor
34,732 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with indoor pool in Monterey?

It is located in Carmel Valley, we have not stayed here. You may want to check out the Highland's Inn, they also have an outdoor heated pool and you will have beautiful views of the coastline from this property. The rooms are very spacious with small kitchenettes, a living area, most rooms have jacuzzi tubs and beautiful views from the balcony, there are also two fantastic restaurants at the Highland's Inn. :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with indoor pool in Monterey?

Quail Lodge is a very nice place. And you're right--as long as the pool is heated, you can swim outdoors in November. Rain that early is highly unlikely, and you might even have some nice sunny days.

5. Re: Hotel with indoor pool in Monterey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 13, 2009