We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family hotel recommendations

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family hotel recommendations

Hi,

We are travelling from LA to SF and have our first stop booked at the Madonna Inn, SLO.

We thought that Monterey may be good for our 2nd stop.

We are a family of (kids 11, 13, 15).

We only have the one night and would like to see the aquarium the morning we check out.

We would love suggestions for good hotels from those who are in the know!

Thank you

Monterey
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family hotel recommendations

Try Lighthouse Lodge & Suites in Pacific Grove. Web site is www.lhls.com. Or Embassy Suites. Both good family places to stay!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family hotel recommendations

Andril Fireplace Cottages in Pacific Grove is nice. It's set amid the pines trees and very close to the ocean. The website is www.andrilcottages.com.

Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family hotel recommendations

Thanks to both of you.

I am tossing up between Anril Cottages and Embassy Suites. Both very different accomms!

Andril cottages looks like it is in a lovely setting.

How is the access to the touristy spots? Is it a little remote?

We have a car of course, and will visit the Aquarium on check out and on to Carmel by the sea.

Cheers

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family hotel recommendations

No, Oz, Andril Cottages is not remote. In fact, nothing is remote around here because it's such a small area. To drive from Andril to, say, the aquarium would take about 7 to 10 minutes. Pacific Grove is a small town sandwiched between Monterey and Pebble Beach. If you wanted to go from Andril to the nearest Pebble Beach gate to drive the 17-Mile Drive, it would take you about 5 minutes. Embassy Suites, of course, has a very different feel. It's a more modern high-rise kind of place. Its advantages: an indoor pool for the kids, close to Highway 1 for easy in and out access. I guess if I were you I'd choose Pacific Grove just because you'd get so much more of the flavor and beauty of the area, whereas the Embassy Suites could be any hotel near a highway almost anywhere, if you know what I mean. As for comfort and convenience, I'm sure either would be fine.

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family hotel recommendations

We have enjoyed many stays at the Best Western Beach Hotel, about a five minute drive into Monterey. It is located right on the beach, nice clean rooms, pool and jacuzzi and nice oceanview restaurant on-site. Our kids loved staying here! One Spring break we stayed the entire week here. Have a great time with your family! :)