We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap but clean places to stay for 1 night?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap but clean places to stay for 1 night?

I'm looking for a hotel that's $100 or less for a night's stay in the Monterey/Carmel/Pacific Grove area. Any suggestions of a place that's clean yet affordable? My friend and I want to do a short weekend trip to that area (I'm in Los Angeles). Thanks!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap but clean places to stay for 1 night?

Hi. Under $100 is not easy to find around here. Here is a link to a list of motels in the Monterey area: http://www.monterey.com/mc4/mc4b.html. I recommend that you look through them and check prices, and then you can come to this site and look at the reviews to help you make your decision. Any of the motels located on Munras Ave. or Abrego should be fine--they generally are clean and safe. Just be sure to read the reviews before you decide, and if you have it narrowed down to a few, you can also ask for people's opinions here. Good luck!

No. California
Level Contributor
448 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap but clean places to stay for 1 night?

Try Lover's Point Inn in Pacific Grove . Old style motel but very clean , good location for the price.

3. Re: Cheap but clean places to stay for 1 night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 12, 2009