We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the quickest route to get Santa Maria from Burbank

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
austin
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
What is the quickest route to get Santa Maria from Burbank

Hello, all

I am planing My June 5-13 ca trip,. Trying to find out what is the fatest way to leave Burbank airport before get stuck in the traffic. My flight will be in around 1:30pm Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks in advance.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the quickest route to get Santa Maria from Burbank

You'll be fine. Just take Lankershim north to I-5 north, and off you go.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the quickest route to get Santa Maria from Burbank

Let me add a little to that, as I was reading "Santa Maria" but thinking "Santa Rosa." I guess it was because you posted in the Monterey forum.

You have two choices:

1. The safe bet: Take I-5 north to CA SR 166 west...which dumps you right into Santa Maria. The drive on Cuyama Highway is fantastic. 180 miles, some of it on fast two-lane highways.

2. The riskier bet: Take Lankershim south to the Ventura Freeway west (CA SR 134, then US 101). Take the 101 north to Santa Maria, passing through Oxnard, Ventura and Santa Barbara, which is where it can get tricky. This is 165 miles, all freeway.

If it were me, I'd take the 5/166 route.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,420 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the quickest route to get Santa Maria from Burbank

As a nearby Santa Maria resident, I suggest the 101 north. It doesn't make sense to go northeast to travel northwest. As for 166, yes it's a lovely drive, but not what I would call a "fast" highway. The speed limit on 166 is 55 miles an hour and the highway patrol enforces it. 101 is the most direct route.

4. Re: What is the quickest route to get Santa Maria from Burbank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 22, 2009