We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert Inn

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
875 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Desert Inn

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for staying in the Desert Inn during the summer months (June - Aug). The DI site only has a phone number which would be an international call for me just to get a price, so I'm really just looking for a ballpark figure, if anyone can help.

ETA: 1 night, 1 person

Edited: 10:20 am, December 07, 2011
6 replies to this topic
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert Inn

Hello psychokilla, and welcome to the Mojave, California forum.

Mojave, for those who don't know, is a town located between Tehachapi and Boron (west - east) and between Inyokern and Rosamond (north - south). It is in the north central Antelope Valley in the Mojave Desert at the crossroads of California State Routes 14 and 58. The Mojave Air and Spaceport is here, home of Burt and Dick Rutan and their Scaled Composites company, makers of SpaceShip One and SpaceShip Two. Edwards Air Force Base, home of many Space Shuttle landings, is not far away from Mojave.

$50 give or take plus tax would be a night's lodging charge for the Desert Inn, Mojave. Prices generally don't go up or down according to the seasons. The owner is building a reputation of good service and fair pricing one guest at a time. How do I know this? I know of the owner through a mutual friend. And yes, the Desert Inn, modest as it is, is a very good place to stay in Mojave.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
875 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert Inn

Thanks very much, Underdog. Desert Inn seems to be one of the few properties away from the tracks and being a light sleeper, I want to make things as easy for myself as possible. That figure is well within my budget, so I'll probably give them a call in the new year to sort myself out. Thanks again.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert Inn

Quite true, psychokilla. The Desert Inn is on old route 58, away from Sierra Highway and the railroad tracks. Don't think you will be encountering anything to keep you from your slumber. . . and the California Highway Patrol has offices across the street a ways down to keep it that way.

Glad to help.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert Inn

Very good Underdog! It's the first forum question for the town of Mojave itself in 7 years ;)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
875 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desert Inn

lol @ Tet. I'm quite looking forward to my one night in Mojave, it'll be a nice comedown from Laughlin the previous night :P

Endless Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert Inn

AS for Laughlin I would recommend the Golden Nugget with a river view.

Great room at a great price as long as it is not Fri or Sat...

Reply to: Desert Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted