We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! Taxi price from Merced to SFO

South Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help!! Taxi price from Merced to SFO

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a price of a Taxi from Merced/Atwater to SFO. I have checked online and been quoted $400/$600. I called a company today and was told $90 but I don't fancy just crossing my fingers and hoping I get charged $90 when I take the trip, I did ask for written quote but couldn't get one. if anyone has used a company and could give me a price I'd be really grateful. My friend doesn't need this until 22nd November. I was hoping the Greyhound would work out but cant as doesn't fit in with flights.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!! Taxi price from Merced to SFO

$400+ for a taxi sounds correct- it is almost 150 miles one way. Look for some shuttle company which may have a shared van and even then I doubt a fare under $100 will be available.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,410 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!! Taxi price from Merced to SFO

Maybe www.airportservice.com?

Edited: 2:36 pm, October 13, 2010
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!! Taxi price from Merced to SFO

Super shuttle will charge $310 to go from Merced to SFO.

http://www.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx

Can also take the San Joaquin Amtrak to Emeryville and beyond and then BART to SFO.

Train $32 + BART about $8

South Wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!! Taxi price from Merced to SFO

Thank you, That is perfect and atleast I know I caan book and pay beforehand.

5. Re: Help!! Taxi price from Merced to SFO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Merced