We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay with kids and dramatic view?

Which Mendocino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay with kids and dramatic view?

Will be in the area early June. Will have 2 kids (3 & 7) along with myself and the wife. Will end up in town around 6pm. Would like a budget place (doesn't have to be a plush B&B or anything) just to rest my head after catching a sunset on the beach. Where's the best spot to stay and catch this sunset? Doesn't really have to be in Mendo, but somewhere close for sure (within 10 or so miles) .

Thanks...

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay with kids and dramatic view?

To re-emphasize, just need a place with enough sleeping room for a couple and the 2 kids, and a hot shower, nothing fancy. Everything I find seems to cater to couples only and is "fancy". I'd like to spend <$50 total.

Watching the sunset, I know you can do this anywhere, but looking for the most photogenic, dramtic place to get the best shots I can.

Thanks again...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay with kids and dramatic view?

Look at some low end motels in Fort Bragg, but even those are going to be more than $50 a night unless you find some really good deal somehow.

Also, there are not many beaches in the area, and catching a sunset will depend on the fog.