We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tide Pools?

Louisville, Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Tide Pools?

Any suggestions for where to see some really neat/active tide pools in the area?

thanks!

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tide Pools?

Almost all the areas that have some rock are great for tide pooling at low tide. This person writes that MacKerricher is one of the best spots they've found for tide pooling.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32400-d1037…

Louisville, Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tide Pools?

Travelingrunner -- thanks so much! and thanks for the link to the reviews of MacKerricher - extremely helpful. sounds perfect -- I can't wait!!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,034 posts
6,066 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tide Pools?

MacKerricher is awesome - have a great trip.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tide Pools?

You might consider taking one of the ocean kayak trips...i think one of them will take you through the caves and rock outcroppings near one of the state parks there...this looks like one of them: http://www.kayakmendocino.com/

Louisville, Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tide Pools?

Thank you so much, mini and AZFan. We'll definitely head that way! and that is a very cool idea AZFAn...I'll check into that :) Have you ever done that per chance? I'd love to hear what it's like...

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tide Pools?

We chose the sunset river kayak trip w/ Liquid Fusion last month and loved the peacefulness of it on the Noyo River...we've done ocean kayaking before in Catalina, very different but just an awesome, beautiful experience to see the coast from a different point of view. We have minimal experience with this sort of thing, so we go with a tours/companies that target folks like us and love it.

Louisville, Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tide Pools?

Thanks, AZFan. I'm in the same category of minimal experience, but we always love new experiences! :D sounds really neat...

and it sounds like you had a good trip recently -- so glad to hear!

8. Re: Tide Pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 18, 2012