We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

Which Mendocino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
79 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

Hello,

I am trying to plan a road trip to Mendocino. I was wondering what the cell phone coverage is like in Mendocino/Fort Bragg area? We have AT&T. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, my husbands job will require him to be accessible by cell phone. Thanks!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

We were there last week, our TMobile worked in the town of Mendocino and in Ft Bragg...it did not work outside of the towns though. From what i understood from our innkeepers, Verizon is the "one" that works everywhere...check with the place you are staying to see what is best, i know ATT was the default as we drove around.

Mendocino...
Level Contributor
21 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

In Mendo and Fort Bragg, not along the coast.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

I have Verizon and have never had a problem getting a connection in Mendocino or Fort Bragg, altho' it can be a bit slow at times.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

Just got back from Ft. Bragg and Mendocino. We have ATT and had coverage in both places while actually in the towns, though not always along the highway as we drove.

Little River...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

There is no cell service on the east side of Hwy1 in the village of Mendocino. None in towns other than Fort Bragg north on the coast. Booneville has service, but then you are dead until you get to the village of Mendocino. (Not sure if there is service in Philo.) There maybe service in Comptche. Not sure about Gualala and Pt. Arena. None in Elk.

Little River...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

There is no cell service on the east side of Hwy1 in the village of Mendocino. None in towns other than Fort Bragg north on the coast. Booneville has service, but then you are dead until you get to the village of Mendocino. (Not sure if there is service in Philo.) There maybe service in Comptche. Not sure about Gualala and Pt. Arena. None in Elk.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

We visit mendocino a couple times a year & I have to leave a way for my secretary, at least, to reach me. Cell phones work as described above. As a fail safe, I leave the land line number of motel. She can always leave a message.

Modesto, California
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

We have AT&T as our personal phone and through work I have Sprint. We found in our week up there, the Sprint 3G did not functon, however through Verizon, remote roaming and services were available.

9. Re: Cell Phone Coverage in Mendocino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013