We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine country trip

Westfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Wine country trip

You have given some great suggestions and wondering what is the best way to plan out my trip... We are flying in to SF on the 15th of Oct... Going to Monterey to Tuesday, visiting my uncle.... From there we are going to Wine country... There is so much and I am getting overwhelmed on where to start.. We don't fly back out of SF until Thursday 27th... We have lots of days!! We were planning on going to Napa, I am very interested in Mendocino area and we love Michael-David wine so were planning on going to Lodi?

How should I break this up so we are traveling in an organized route.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Mel

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine country trip

There is so much to do in Napa & Mendocino, I would not waste time with trip to Lodi. It is a small farming town in the hot valley. Just have them mail you the wine.

With that said, suggested route:

Phase I (1 day travel)

Monterey to Salinas

HWY 101 north to I 680 in San Jose

I 680 to I780 in Benicia

I 780 to Vallejo

HWY 29 from Vallejo to Napa.

(time in Napa/Sonoma)

Phase II (2 day travel; could be done on one)

HWY 12 to Santa Rosa

Santa Rosa to Sabastopol to Bodega Bay. (overnight)

(Suggest Inn at the Tides).

North on HWY 1 to Mendocino.

(Time in Mendocino)

Phase III (return to SF) (1 day travel)

HWY 1 to HWY 128

128 to 101

101 south to SF

Look up recommendations for Napa and Mendocino on TripAdvisor.

Edited: 12:09 am, August 27, 2011
2. Re: Wine country trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 04, 2012