We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Mendocino

New York, NY
Level Contributor
298 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in Mendocino

Just spent 4 days in Mendocino. The posts on several forums suggest that there are not a lot of choices when it comes to eating out. We found a few great places...here they are:

Patterson's Pub - already listed in several forums for delicious much-more-than-pub food and a great selection of beers and wines.

http://www.pattersonspub.com/

Mendocino Cafe - had a very good lunch here - the menu is varied with many vegetarian choices and local food. Award winning Clam Chowder.

http://www.mendocinocafe.com/

Moose Cafe - great service in this small but comfy restaurant with delicious selection of fish and meat as well as a small but good wine list.

http://www.theblueheron.com/

For great coffee in the AM as well as a selection of baked goods from Beajoulais Bakery go to Moody's organic coffee bar:

http://www.moodyscoffeebar.com/

Had a very nice dinner at Leyford House - there are fantastic views, unpretentious and efficient service and nightly jazz. It's a bit south of Mendocino but worth the 6 mile drive. They also have lots of local cheeses and produce on their menu.

http://www.ledfordhouse.com/new/index.php

And don't miss a visit to Esterlina Vineyards (reservation needed) Ross Ranch Beach Horseback Riding and the Indigo Spa at Stevenswood for some of the best massages we have ever had (although we do not recommend Stevenswood for anything else).

We visited in April and it was just breathtaking! Enjoy.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,356 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

Thank you !!

Why don't you put this in a trip report so that hopefully it will not scroll off the board, like tomorrow, and be lost forever.

tripadvisor.com/UserReview-e__2F__Search__2D…

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to my visit, and I just may have to add the spa to my activities list!

Fort Bragg
Level Contributor
35 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

Harbor in Fort Bragg for Sea food.

Mcallum House... and ask for Russ as your server.. (Locally known as Uncle Rusty).

Not posted by Uncle Russ or a relative.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

Tibetan--opinion on The Restaurant on Main St.? Mendo Cafe is my utmost favorite in Fort Bragg, but am also thinking of dinner at The Restaurant; have never dined there but the reports I've heard are good. Liked the comment about "Uncle Russ"!!

Edited: 12:13 am, May 04, 2011
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

Meant the Mendo BISTRO!! I really love that place.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

We are spending 4 nights in Mendocino in a week and are re-posting this to see if anyone has additional recommendations or feedback - visitors or locals? Can't wait to get there, it was 109 degrees F in the Phoenix area yesterday!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

We've been up to Mendocino twice since my May posts, and Cafe Beaujolais still offers the very best dining experience in Mendocino Village. Runner up would be Moosse Cafe. Other good choices in the Village would be MacCallum House and 955 Ukiah St. I did have dinner one night at The Restaurant in Fort Bragg and altho' it offers very traditional/conventional fare (probably why a lot of people love it), food and serve were both really good--and they were quite busy for a mid-week evening. Top restaurant in Fort Bragg IMO is still the Mendo Bistro.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
298 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

We were not impressed with Cafe Beaujolais -- it's trying to be great dining but the food isn't that tasty. IMO Medocino Cafe has a better chef. Don't miss Pattersons for great pub atmosphere and burgers. Enjoy!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

Looked at all the menus for what you have listed here and am now very much looking forward to sampling the local fare. I always head for the specialty drinks and desserts....can't help myself.....and saw a pretty huckleberry daiquiri at the MacCallum house bar and a hazelnut souffle in their dining room, the Moosse Cafe has a 3-course meal special on Monday nights all summer which sounds perfect for our needs - and GGOT i had already noticed the Pub from an earlier post, on the list! The comfort food on the Mendo Cafe menu looks ideal as well. Thanks for the good suggestions, i will report back in about a month.

Mendocino...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat in Mendocino

Try the new Creekside at the Inn at Schoolhouse Creek. Very good.