We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

Which Mendocino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

We have only visited Mendo once. Stayed at the Headlands Inn. Love it! We are going back in August and the Headlands Inn is available, but not the room that we prefer. Therefore, I have been looking at other options and came up with the North Coast Country Inn in Gualala. They have a great deal on a 3 night stay...3rd night free. My quandry is whether or not this place has that magic that Mendo has? I'm worried that I will compare everything (even if I stay at Headlands Inn in a room that I think is 2nd place) If that makes any sense.

What do you think?

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
397 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

Discover-Mendicino's post should be deleted! Shhhhhh! Keep quiet about

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
584 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

How about places in Albion or Point Arena? I don't have any specific recommendations but you can look up those towns on TripAdvisor.

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

It does sit on Highway One - maybe 50 feet back from the road. I can't imagine there would be a noise problem though. Have you checked out the Elk Cove Inn? In Mendocino, you can also check out Packard House - a beautiful Inn in the Village You can visit www.visitmendocino.com for a full listing though.

Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

We have decided to spend one night at The Headlands Inn, in "our room." Then we head down to The North Coast Country Inn for 3 nights.

Since we will be arriving very early on the first day we can get our Mendocino fix. Then enjoy a leisurely breakfast in bed the next morning and take our time getting down to Gualala. Sounds perfect!

Now I need some ideas for what do see down that way...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

We're back! I can say for a certainty now that a Mendocino lover CAN enjoy Gualala! The North Coast Country Inn is wonderful! Set in a peaceful forest of redwoods, the perfect location for relaxation. It's a different experience than Mendocino for sure, but equal in all aspects of pure enjoyment! If you have not visited...just do it!!!

16. Re: Will a Mendocino lover enjoy Gualala??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:31 am, March 11, 2011