We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendocino - any questions?

Columbus Ohio
Level Contributor
252 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mendocino - any questions?

After 3 days in SF, we rented a Ford Mustang convertable to drive up the coast to Mendocino. All I can say is WOW.... around every corner the views are breathtaking. We drove slowly, letting cars pass as necssary and enjoyed the warm sunny November day.

It took about 5 1/2 hrs from the Golden Gate Bridge, stopping for many photo ops.

We stayed at the Little River Inn 2 miles from Mendocino. I wrote a trip review for the Inn, and we highly recommend the place. After the small little room we had in SF, the size of the room, the views it had were awesome.

We stayed 2 days in the Mendocino area. Did lots of hiking due to the unseasonably warm weather. Sitting on the bluffs we saw two whales, apparently on the early migration track.

We ate at various places around town - all wonderful. Also tried Dicks Pub (drinks only), Pattersons(serve food) as well as the Ole's Whale watch bar (serves food) at the Little River Inc. All very fun.

If anyone has questions - let me know.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mendocino - any questions?

I meant ocean.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mendocino - any questions?

abcsoaps -

If you are referring to the Pacific Ocean, It is very questionable that you would swim without a wet suit north of Santa Monica. I have heard of a few who swim in Monterey Bay, but they are an exception. The water is cold all year round!

northern california
Level Contributor
554 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mendocino - any questions?

It is always to cold to actually swim in the ocean in Mendocino and along the north coast. The average water temperature is approx 50 degrees. You will see people wading on sunny days.