We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendocino, 1 night or 2?

jupiter99
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Mendocino, 1 night or 2?

I am looking to book a stay at Mendocino (Brewery Gulch Inn) and Gold Beach (Tu Tu Tun Lodge) for a total of 3 nights. Not sure whether to do 2 nights in Mendocino, or instead do the 2 night stay at the Tu Tu Tun Lodge. Both look really nice, but can anyone offer any advice as to which is a better place to stay for a couple of days?

Thanks!

Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendocino, 1 night or 2?

They are both great places to stay and I have stayed at both.

Tu Tu Tun is set off by itself, so I would suggest one night there. Brewery Gulch, on the other hand, is close to Mendocino and Fort Bragg and there is lots to do in that area and is worth at least 2 days. There are many State Parks, towns to shop and eat in, lighthouses, the Skunk Train, Botanical Gardens, etc.

Gold Beach is nice and you can take a jet boat right from Tu Tu Tun's dock.

2 nights in each would be best, but if you have to choose, there is more in and around Brewery Gulch.

Mendocino...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendocino, 1 night or 2?

Well, I hope you ended up staying with us, but in any event, I definitely hope you stayed two nights in Mendocino as I can't tell you how many guests book one night and wish they had more time to do everything there is to do in the area.

Mendocino...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mendocino, 1 night or 2?

Well, I hope you ended up staying with us, but in any event, I definitely hope you stayed two nights in Mendocino as I can't tell you how many guests book one night and wish they had more time to do everything there is to do in the area.

PA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mendocino, 1 night or 2?

We love BGI. we've stayed there twice, recommended it to friends who also stayed there twice. Great atmosphere, nice people, fantastic food

5. Re: Mendocino, 1 night or 2?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 04, 2010