We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good B&B/Hotels in Mendocino - Need more info

Which Mendocino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunnyvale
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Topic
Any good B&B/Hotels in Mendocino - Need more info

Hi,

My husband and my 5 year old son are planning a trip to Mendocino next weekend. How to find a good deal on B&B/Hotels? Do these B&B have restaurants attached for Lunch/Dinner or do we need to eat out? This is going to be the first time that we are travelling and so wanted to know about it.

Also are the restaurants open till 9.00p.m or so for dinner or do they close early? I heard from one of my friend that all the shops close very early like by 4.30p.m or so. Is that so?

Also are all these B&B's at a walkable distance to the beach?

I am 5 months pregnant too and so can't do too much of hiking right now :-)

Also are there vegetarian menu included in the restaurants?

What else is there to see? Please help. Thank you.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good B&B/Hotels in Mendocino - Need more info

On such short notice, I think that it may be very hard to find lodging (esp. walking distance to the ocean)--summer wkends are booked many wks in advance at many inns. You could try Mendocino Hotel and ask for one of their garden suites or cottages. Many of the small inns have age restrictions as they are not appropriate for younger children. Most of the shops and galleries do close by 5pm and most restaurants will serve till 9pm on wkends (be sure to make reserv's). Mendocino Hotel and MacCallum House both have full-service restaurants as well as lodging and they're quite good. Hill House also has their own restaurant, but altho' they have an ocean view, they're up a fairly steep hill, so I'm not sure if that would be OK for you. Most restaurants offer veggie selections on their menus. You might want to consider a stay at the Stanford Inn By the Sea (www.stanfordinn.com), loc'd just south of Mendocino on the inland side. Altho' not walking distance to the ocean, it would still be a short drive, and this property has so much to recommend it: Superb vegetarian restaurant (even a delight for carnivores), lovely rooms and expansive landscaped grounds--and the most wonderful organic garden to stroll thru. I think your 5-yr. would also love staying at this place since there are resident cats and dogs, lots of room to roam and interesting things to see. They do have a 2-nite min. on wkends, and may be booked for the coming one.

Sunnyvale
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good B&B/Hotels in Mendocino - Need more info

Forestvillian - Thank you so much for your tips/advise . Will check with Stanfordinn if they have any rooms.

BTW will August be cold in Mendocino? How's the weather ? Any idea?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good B&B/Hotels in Mendocino - Need more info

August usually has some nice weather, but right on the coast you'll prob. get the typical morning and evening fog or overcast, and then by late morning it clears to partly (or all) sunny. Also, go just a bit inland and it should be sunny much of the time. I think the normal average day temps for Mendo are in the 60's, but I often find that by mid-day, it can be into the low 70's and very pleasant. It can also get windy by the middle of the afternoon, so you pretty much have to dress in layers and always have a sweater in the car. Nites can cool down esp. if the fog drifts in.

california
Level Contributor
1 post
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good B&B/Hotels in Mendocino - Need more info

I would strongly recommend The Headlands Inn if you can get an opening

5. Re: Any good B&B/Hotels in Mendocino - Need more info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 04, 2009