We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Medicino Lovers!

Texas
1 post
Help Medicino Lovers!

My husband and I are traveling from TX and I cannot decide between Monterey Bay or Medicino... any advice??

Also, If we decide Medicino I am torn between Sea Rock Inn ( great view but bad breakfast from reviews) and Brewery Gulch Inn ( Great food but traffic noise)

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,321 posts
6,456 reviews
1. Re: Help Medicino Lovers!

Its really a personal decision.

If you like bigger cities, ability to see Pt. Lobos, Big Sur, aquairum, etc. choose Monterey Bay.

If you like small towns, wine tasting, quieter scenic places than Mendocino. Both are great.

Id' go with Sea Rock Inn.....of the two.

mendocino
6 posts
2. Re: Help Medicino Lovers!

You can walk into the village from Sea Rock Inn and from there enjoy the walk around the Headlands State Park (2 miles) and get down to the beautiful Big River Beach. The village is peaceful and interesting. Don't worry about the food, just mention that little tidbit when making your reservation and I bet the innkeepers will go out of their way to please you.

northern california
Level Contributor
554 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Help Medicino Lovers!

Monterey Bay and Mendocino are really nothing alike except they are both on the water. Where are you flying into? Mendo is a good 4 hour drive from San Francisco. Monterey is much closer. How much time do you have to devote? The drive to Mendo is much prettier plus you can stop at the Anderson Valley wineries along the way.

Mendo is a small artistic village on cliffs. Monterey has much more entrance fee type tourist stuff. Do you like to hike and water gaze (Mendo) or visit attractions like the aquarium (Moneterey).

Both are of interest in their own ways.

I can't help on the housing issue, we were blessed with parents who built a house near Little River.

4. Re: Help Medicino Lovers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:28 am, August 29, 2009