We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendocino Stay ... Advice please

Which Mendocino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicagi Il
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Mendocino Stay ... Advice please

We are planning to spend a couple of days in Mendocino at the end of June. I am trying to decide between:

Headlands Inn

Joshua Grindel

Alegria

John Dougherty inn

Which is closer to the Ocean?

Which is more "romantic"?

How is the fog situation at this time of year?

Thanks for any input!!

mendocino
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendocino Stay ... Advice please

Alegria is most front and center to the ocean, as you will see from the photos on the websites. If an inn is in the "village" it is usually a short walk to the ocean, you can walk across the village in ten minutes. The fog is usually pulled in by high heat inland. Often this is July and August when the inland temps are 90 to 100 degrees. People love coming to the coast to cool off with our moderate temperatures. June should still be clear and sunny depending on global warming... If it is sunny here it is often windy, if it is foggy there is no wind.

Chicagi Il
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendocino Stay ... Advice please

I have a feeling that the Mendocino area would be beautiful, even with the fog. If we can't fit it in this trip, definitely next. Thanks for the input!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mendocino Stay ... Advice please

Actually, I am seeking advice in this forum about Mendocino.

I am planning a trip north from San Francisco to Portland in Lae June. I'm wondering if I should take a more inland route via Napa valley for wineries and hot springs or a more coastal route via Mendocino for seascapes and giant trees. As time is an essence, I can only allow two days in either region.

Heard that there is a garden in Port Briggs. Is it worth the visit? Does this stretch of coast rivals that of the Oregon Coast?

4. Re: Mendocino Stay ... Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 am, September 01, 2009