We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Point Arena/Gualala Area

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Point Arena/Gualala Area

My husband and I are visiting San Francisco and area for the first time in September (2nd honeymoon to celebrate 25 years). We are going to spend 3 days exploring the coast from SF to Mendocino and want to stay in a central location. Can anyone suggest a nice place in the Point Arena/Gualala area with an ocean view? I'm thinking about The Wharf Master's Inn. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Upstate S.C.
Level Contributor
343 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Point Arena/Gualala Area

We stayed at the Breakers Inn in Gualala in 2005. It is more like a motel. It has great ocean view, with the Gualala River running parallel between the Inn and the ocean. It empties into the ocean a few hundred yards north of the Inn.

The place cannot compare to the Elk Cove Inn several miles further north at Elk Cove. Now THAT place is the best!!

For what you pay, the Breakers Inn will work. Go onto the Gualala forum, and search for Breakers Inn, and read what others say. Both the good and the bad.

Breakers Inn

Average price*: $175

#1 of 5 B&Bs / inns in Gualala

39300 South Highway 1, Gualala, CA 95445

No. California
Level Contributor
448 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay in Point Arena/Gualala Area

look at the whale watch inn

http://www.whalewatchinn.com/

My sister and her husband go here for all special occasions.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay in Point Arena/Gualala Area

Thank you for your suggestions. Both places sound lovely!

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay in Point Arena/Gualala Area

I've stayed at the Whale Watch Inn. I'll second that suggestion.

5. Re: Where to Stay in Point Arena/Gualala Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 20, 2009