We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Marina del Rey for Beaches & Sightseeing?

Ire
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Marina del Rey for Beaches & Sightseeing?

Hi all,

Coming to California next month with the family ( 2 kids 8 & 10) & will spend 4 days in LA before flying back to Europe.

The plan is to spend 1 day at Universal, 1 day sightseeing, 1 day at the Beaches ( Venice/Santa Monica) & 1 day relaxing!

Have some Marriott miles I can use at the Courtyard by Marriott at Marina del Rey. It seems to have had some reasonable reviews for a family room, with a pool & close to the coast - any opinions? How about the drive to Universal - how long will it take ?

Many thanks for any feedback

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Marina del Rey for Beaches & Sightseeing?

Hi, I live in Marina del Rey so I haven't stayed at any hotels here, but the regular Marriot (on Admiralty) is within walking distance of the beach, Venice Pier, boardwalk, etc...while the Courtyard is probably a mile or two further in. Not sure what the difference in cost is, but if you can swing the Marriot, I'd go for that one...views of the Marina too.

Ire
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Marina del Rey for Beaches & Sightseeing?

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, in the end we booked a room at the Farmers Daughter for our 3 nights to be central & closer to Universal - will report back !