We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these 3 hotels would you choose?

Chicago
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these 3 hotels would you choose?

Hello! We are visiting in April for 5 nights, but only spending 2 days in Marina del Rey. It is our first time visiting MDR. After reading reviews of all of these 3 hotels, they all have fairly good reviews and I still can't decide which one to choose. They are about the same amount of money and offer almost the same amenities. We are pretty easy going and we know that they aren't luxurious places, as long as they are clean and in convenient locations we will be happy. We will be out and about exploring most of the time anyway. Any preference??

Marina International - mid price of the 3, you also get 2 free water bottles, cookies at check in, and free parking.

Marina del Rey Hotel - cheapest of the 3, free parking.

Foghorn Harbor - Most expensive of the 3, continental breakfast, free parking.

Thanks for your help!!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,771 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these 3 hotels would you choose?

Why did you choose Marina del Rey? It's not the most convenient location for visiting LA.

What is your actual budget per night for a hotel, and what will you be visiting while here?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these 3 hotels would you choose?

Actaully, Marina Del Rey might not be the best place to stay. It's a beautiful place to visit, but very focused around the marina and resort/convention type hotels. Not easy to walk to something other than the hotel. For my money, I'd go for a couple of nights in Santa Monica. Same beauty, but lots of stuff to walk around and do.

Boston
Level Contributor
29 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these 3 hotels would you choose?

Marina del Rey Hotel is planning on renovating later this year, Until they do I'd stay away. Staff are nice but the hotel is run down, dirty and in need of updating. Walls are paper thin and you hear everything next door and above. staines on furniture, mold etc... is not uncommon. If you can live with that, the location can't be beat... Try the Courtyard or best western plus which just recently renovated

Edited: 6:26 am, July 29, 2012
4. Re: Which of these 3 hotels would you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 25, 2013