We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX to Marina Del Rey Marriot public transit?

Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
LAX to Marina Del Rey Marriot public transit?

I'm at a convention (ugh!) in Anaheim and am supposed to meet a friend (whose car is in the shop) in Marina Del Rey tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out how to get myself there. So far, my plan is to take the Super Shuttle from my hotel to LAX ($16 + tip) and then somehow get from LAX to Marina Del Rey. My friend says that the Marriott Marina Del Rey is very close to her house, so I could conceivably take the Super Shuttle from LAX to there ($17 + tip). I'm betting there's a public transit bus for cheaper, but am having trouble navigating the maps. Will the Big Blue bus #3 route get me anywhere close? Help!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX to Marina Del Rey Marriot public transit?

The Big Blue Bus #3 (or the Big Blue Bus Rapid 3, which is quicker) will get you as close as Lincoln Blvd. and Washington Blvd. Then its about a mile walk from there to the Marriott - first west on Washington, then south on Palawan Way, then west on Admiralty Way. This is probably the best way to reach the Marriott from LAX on public transportation so long as you're willing to endure the walk.

If not, you can get a bit closer on public transit but it will involve 3 buses and takes quite a bit longer - first you'd take the Parking Lot C shuttle from the LAX terminals to parking lot C, where the LAX transit center is located. From there, Metro Bus 439 towards Union Station, exit at Sepulveda Blvd. and Green Valley Circle Drive. From there, take bus 158 or 358 towards Marina Del Rey, and exit at Via Marina and Admiralty Way. A short walk from there to the Marriott.

Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX to Marina Del Rey Marriot public transit?

Thanks! I will call my friend tomorrow and see if Lincoln/Washington will work as a stop to collect me. Since I'm not sure which direction here house is, it may actually be just as close as the Marriott. In any case, a mile doesn't phase me in the slightest to save $15! (Yes, I'm that cheap!)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX to Marina Del Rey Marriot public transit?

By the way, that last bit of the walking instructions should have been east on Admiralty Way, not west. Though it doesn't sound like you need to go exactly to the Marriott.

4. Re: LAX to Marina Del Rey Marriot public transit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:57 am, January 20, 2011