We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fonz's - Good place to go?

Which Manhattan Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fonz's - Good place to go?

I'm thinking of going to Fonz's for my birthday which lands on a Sunday this year. Would it be pretty quiet at 5:30pm on a Sunday or is this place usually packed all the time? I'm looking for a quiet atmosphere, on the romantic side. The food looks great, but I don't want to yell over my dinner.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,812 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fonz's - Good place to go?

I love Fonz's, but this would not be what you are looking for on your Birthday if you want quiet and romantic. It's always been packed, with reservations needed, when we've dined there. Still, the food is really good, and I've been there on my Birthday, too. Perhaps a 5:30 PM would be best, but if it is during summer, the downtown area will be fully alive!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach
Level Contributor
201 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fonz's - Good place to go?

Yeah, quiet & romantic don't really describe Fonz's. Talia's, Mangiamo, or Cafe Pierre perhaps. Even Towne or Avenue could work. 5:30 is prime family dinner hour and I think these places are less likely to have kids sitting next to you.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,523 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fonz's - Good place to go?

Try Jackson's Village Bistro in neighboring Hermosa Beach. Here's some info:

…citysearch.com/profile/11397191/hermosa_bea…

Be sure to read all of the reviews. Click on "read all 14 reviews" at the bottom of the first review. Happy Birthday!

Get answers to your questions about Manhattan Beach