We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Manhattan Beach?

Which Manhattan Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Manhattan Beach?

We are planning a two night stay in Manhattan Beach in August as part of our Honeymoon Road Trip (San Diego next stop).

We don't know too much about the area, we wanted a beach town to come back and relax in after some LA sightseeing in the day.

We are hopefully going to be staying at the Sea View Inn, the free parking will be a bonus as we will have a car with us.

Is there plenty to do in Manhattan Beach? Plenty of restaurants and bars? Is it a safe area to reside? We have been torn between Manhatten Beach, Santa Monica and Huntington Beach.

Thanks guys

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to do in Manhattan Beach?

I live in Huntington Beach and found this post because I am meeting my brother for the day in Manhattan. Personally, I LOVE Huntington (Surf City). If you have not been to HB and you like relaxing by the beach (great beach on the south side of the pier) then you are missing out. You can catch some good grub anywhere along Main St. or on the beach at Duke's or below at Sandy's on the Beach. You can rent bikes right there or take a boogie board out. We have a GREAT bike path that goes far. The Aquarium in LB is ok (nothing compared to Monterey) but you will be done it in about an hour. Find your way to HB and you will be in the heart of "everything California."

12. Re: What to do in Manhattan Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Manhattan Beach