We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getty Villa - tickets & timing

Which Malibu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Getty Villa - tickets & timing

Hi all,

Just had a quick question regarding the Getty Villa tickets. I noticed that the tickets are timed by 30 min intervals. Are they particularly strict about you showing up on time for your ticket time, or does the ticket just mean you can show up anytime after your ticket time?

I only ask because I'll be driving from Santa Barbara to LAX (last leg of my trip) and don't have an "exact" idea as to when I'll make it there....

Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getty Villa - tickets & timing

The only time I went, which was on a Saturday, I got out there earlier than I expected and actually killed time until my ticket time. When I got there, still a few minutes early, there was no problem at all (and it seems I could have gone in earlier, which I wish I had known). But it may depend on how busy they are that particular day.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getty Villa - tickets & timing

I would most certainly be on time. We were on a weekend & it was very busy.

PS Wonders of Wonders Parking is Free!

Edited: 10:17 pm, December 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getty Villa - tickets & timing

Great, thanks for the info everyone.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,245 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getty Villa - tickets & timing

** "Wonders of Wonders Parking is Free!" **

It is actually admission to the museum that is free, and that applies to all permanent and special exhibits. The $15 fee is for parking, and once you arrive and pay, there is no time limit.

5. Re: Getty Villa - tickets & timing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 18, 2013