We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place we didn't find

England
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Place we didn't find

We made a mess of our attempted visit to Malibu.

We came down Sunset Blvd. Turned right at the end and seemed to get stuck on a fast highway with no where to turn or park. I had been to Mailibu pier a few years ago and walked on the beach in front of the star's houses. Geoff wanted to do that too, but we thought we had gone too far, when in fact we hadn't gone far enough. last time I went to a musuem which was a villa owned by a big indusrialist years ago. The villas internal walls were clad with the tiles his company made. I can't remember what it was called. Does anyone know this place. I expect I will come back to visit Bob in a few years and would like to go there again.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place we didn't find

That sounds like the Getty Villa. The museum is free, but it costs I think $15.00 to park. You have to reserve a parking spce on the website for the museum.

England
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place we didn't find

thanks

Been doin a bit of diggin'

Didn't realise The Rockford Files was filmed round there.

Would ave made more effort had I known

The show was very popular in england. I loved it.

Is JG still alive?

England
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place we didn't find

I don't think it was The Getty Villa. This place was quite small and located near the pier and lagoon

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place we didn't find

"...Is JG still alive?"...

Yep! 83 years young. :-)

England
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place we didn't find

Looked up the Getty Villa

Looks Great

Jeez I wish I'd known about it before.

Just have to make another trip over!

England
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place we didn't find

I think I found the other place

The Adamson House.

Looks better now than when I visited 5 or so years back

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,700 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place we didn't find

You're talking about the Adamson House. It's right next to the Pier and the Colony (between them).

Malibu is about 30 minutes north of Sunset Blvd (during summer traffic), so you probably didn't drive far enough north.

8. Re: Place we didn't find

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Malibu