We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nobu question

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nobu question

I think I'd like to pop in for cocktails and appetizers only. I've read there is a lounge. What is it like? Is it hidden away or in the midst of things? Is it inside, outside? When I look at pictures, I see sofas on the terrace. Can those be used if not staying for dinner? Thanks.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,221 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nobu question

Yes you can pop in for cocktails and appetizers, and sit on the patio or by the bar. I suggest getting there about 2 or 3, or you might get turned away.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nobu question

Seriously? Well, I can't start drinking then. I was hoping to get there about 5:30ish. I'd like to stay for dinner, but not sure I feel like paying $200 per person. I was at Nikita in 2014 and it was lovely at a reasonable price...although I know Nobu is the place to see and be seen. Is the ambiance about the same as Nikita was outside? or maybe we just don't indulge too much for dinner? Is it small plates?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,221 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nobu question

When is this trip? Nobu is extremely expensive. No harm in stopping in, checking it out, and if you get a table, great. 5:30 is peak. If too crowded, or they turn you away, head to Duke's Barefoot Bar.

Nikita closed and was replaced by Soho House (membership only)

Edited: 5:22 pm, April 30, 2017
Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nobu question

Now until October. I have plenty of time, found out I can't make reservations yet anyway. Thanks!

5. Re: Nobu question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, July 12, 2018