We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

El Gordo Restaurant in Los Gatos

Which Los Gatos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tombstone, Arizona
Level Contributor
162 posts
El Gordo Restaurant in Los Gatos

Many years ago, I visited Los Gatos. We visited a restaurant, which was in a location called "Old Town". The restaurant was called "El Gordo's"

Can anyone tell me if this restaurant is still doing business?

3 replies to this topic
Los Gatos, CA...
Level Contributor
27 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: El Gordo Restaurant in Los Gatos

That restaurant no longer exists. If you are looking for new restaurants to try, here are a few ideas:

Randall's, Palacio, Aldo's on Winchester Blvd. (not on North Santa Cruz Avenue).

Just let me know, I live in Los Gatos.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
30,558 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: El Gordo Restaurant in Los Gatos

If you like the area of Old Town, we had a very nice lunch at the Wine Cellar, outdoor patio seating, a couple of weeks ago. They also serve dinners in the cellar part of the restaurant, which has the expected atmosphere.

I remember Gordo's, like 'lots' of years ago :~)

Carson City, Nevada
1 post
3. Re: El Gordo Restaurant in Los Gatos

I used to be a bus-boy at El Gordo in 68 and 69. El Gordo was connected to the Wine Cellar. El Gordo went out of business in the early 70's It was owned by a gentleman named Mario Uribe. I went to Los Gatos High School with his son, Juan Uribe. We used to go of to his house after school and listen to the Rolling Stones music. That is how I met his father and I got my job at El Gordo. Before that I was an Elf at Santa's Village in Scotts Valley.

Reply to: El Gordo Restaurant in Los Gatos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Los Gatos