We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport to crown plaza hotel

newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from airport to crown plaza hotel

Hi... I;m going to the crown plaza hotel in beverly hills in July for an honeymoon and just wondering what the best and cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel..can anyone help? thanks!

p.s never been to america before...so pretty excited!is beverly hills pretty safe to walk after dark??

newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport to crown plaza hotel

Sorry forgot to mention which aiport...its LAX..thanks

manhatan beach, ca
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport to crown plaza hotel

The cheapest would probably be taking a shuttle. Taxis can be expensive, especially when there's traffic and the meter keeps running.

Yesterday from LAX to West LA took more than an hour to get to the destination we wanted to go all due to the rain. Which normally should have only taken 15-20 minutes.

And yes, Beverly Hills is safe. You may want to stay by the beach a few days of your honeymoon. Consider Manhattan Beach and/or Hermosa Beach they're both next to each other. I live in Manhattan Beach I enjoy it here and not as touristy as the other beaches here in LA.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from airport to crown plaza hotel

There are 2 shuttle companies that we've taken a variety of times. Primetime Shuttle or Super Shuttle. Looking at the Primetime Shuttle website it costs around $28 total on a shared van from LAX to your hotel in Beverly Hills for 2 adults. I agree with manhbch. Perhaps before you leave for LAX to go back to the UK, you may want to stay some nights by the beach. I agree that Manhattan Beach, Hermosa and for me even Redondo are some of the nicest beach towns here in LA. I've worked around this area for almost 10 years now, and have really enjoyed it, a big change coming from the business district of downtown LA. I did like working there, but being near the beach it's a difference. Even the casual environment here. Anyways, I do agree that Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo are less touristy than let's say Santa Monica or Venice, which are the most well known beaches for tourists all over the world. Have fun in LA and have a great honeymoon!

newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from airport to crown plaza hotel

Thanks for the help guys! much appreciated!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,593 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from airport to crown plaza hotel

I'm a tour guide and the CP BH was our hotel for our stays in Los Angeles. You can walk a few blocks and have several restaraunts to eat. 1/2 block away is a lot of Jewish deli's and interesting places to explore. There is a bus called 'the blue bus' that will take you direct to the ocean. Ask around or do a search for the blue bus and you will see the schedule. Lots of tours stop at the hotel to do Hollywood etc., and yes this area is extremely safe, though the norm is not too walk. Last time I was there a stretch limo pulled up to deliver a few ice cream cones to a guest at the hotel so go figure. It is possible to get to Rodeo Drive via bus. The main bus stop is right in front of the hotel.