We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 hours to see the best

Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
10 hours to see the best

We are middle aged and on a layover and have 10 hours and a car. What not to miss in Hollywood, Beverly Hills -- not too far from LAX? Grauman's Chinese, Rodeo Drive, Mulholland, Museum of TV?

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,347 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
California
Rodeo Drive
Rodeo Drive
4,581 Reviews
Beverly Hills, CA
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 hours to see the best

Well you have limited time, so you'll have to pick and choose. You mentioned the Museum of TV and I happen to be a huge fan of classic tv and radio and love the museum in Beverly Hills. It is in a gorgeous building with huge windows that overlook Beverly Dr. in downtown Beverly Hills and you can combine a visit (2 hours minimum I would recommend) along with a meal and shopping or strolling in Beverly Hills. However, I wouldn't consider the museum a must see unless you're not planning to visit the one in New York City and are a huge fan of classic tv and radio like I am.

If you're interested in Hollywood, you could check out the footprints in front of Grauman's as well as the stars names on Hollywood Blvd. That's very popular for a lot of people. A drive down Mulholland is nice but it may take up too much of your time--unless you combine it with Hollywood sightseeing as the start of Mulholland is near Hollywood. Santa Monica and Venice are nice places to (especially if you like people watching) and a beach atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
California
Beverly Inn
Beverly Inn
116 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,347 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Venice Beach
Venice Beach
8,933 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
2. Re: 10 hours to see the best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 18, 2009