We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Manhattan Beach trip report

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
110 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Short Manhattan Beach trip report

We spent a few days in Manhattan Beach prior to our trip to Hawaii this summer. I chose this area because of its close proximity to LAX and reviews of clean, relaxed, residential beaches. As recommended by Trip Advisor travel experts, we stayed at the Sea View Inn and were very pleased with the accommodations (see review). We bicycled on the beach path north to Santa Monica and south to the Manhattan Beach pier (much preferring Manhattan Beach to areas north), boogie boarded in the waves, and had good, inexpensive hamburgers and milkshakes at Snoopy’s, a few doors from the Sea View. We visited the Getty Museum, where my husband and I very much enjoyed our quick jaunt through several galleries and the guided architectural tour we joined, but our active boys would have much rather spent another afternoon at the beach. Thumbs up for Manhattan Beach!

A Day in LA Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours
We Love LA Tour
Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bikes And Hikes LA
Gear Rentals, City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
LA Insider Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Movie & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Manhattan Beach trip report

Great trip report and glad you enjoyed it! I prefer Manhattan Beach also. We were just there in the East Coast for Thanksgiving. It rained during Thanksgiving but the 3 days after were beautiful, although when we left it was getting colder. But coming back here, it's been pretty beautiful during the day(around 70sF but colder at night).

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
942 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Manhattan Beach trip report

Thanks for your trip report!!

Glad you enjoyed MB! :-)

3. Re: Short Manhattan Beach trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 19, 2009