We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hardtop mustang rental @ lax for uk resident?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
hardtop mustang rental @ lax for uk resident?

id like to rent a hardtop mustang for 2 weeks from lax

can anyone suggest a company that will rent one at reasonble rates?

id prefer pre paid from the uk

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,220 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hardtop mustang rental @ lax for uk resident?

There are a number of UK based web sites that offer all inclusive

deals including insurance.

www.auto-europe.co.uk

www.carhire3000.com

www.airline-network.co.uk

www.travelsupermarket.com

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hardtop mustang rental @ lax for uk resident?

actually, I currently have a rental Mustang. (my car is in the shop). I used Midway Car Rental. http://www.midwaycarrental.com. They're great to use if you're coming in to LAX. They will meet you at baggage claim and take you to their office in the Radisson hotel which is just outside of the airport. I think I'm paying like $39 a day.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hardtop mustang rental @ lax for uk resident?

thank you ...i found midway on google but its a little confusing being english as to what insurance/cover /extras i need

when booking with a uk company its all inclusive and im ready to go and all legal....but im unsure what i would need if its all add ons, as i believe alot of it is not really needed

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hardtop mustang rental @ lax for uk resident?

If you're booking with an American Express card or a Gold or Platinum Visa or MasterCard, Rental Insurance is typically covered. (mastercard.com/us/…index.html).

If not, you will want:

-Collision Damage Waiver insurance (this covers any damage to the rental car)

-Renters Liability Insurance (this covers damage to someone else's car, property or person if, god forbid, you're in an accident. It is mandatory by law in California)

Personal Injury Insurance, I don't think you need since your medical expenses are taken care of as a resident of the UK, but I'm not sure how your healthcare system works.

5. Re: hardtop mustang rental @ lax for uk resident?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, August 19, 2009