We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turning 30 in L.A.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Turning 30 in L.A.

Help!!! I'm turning 30, Oct 21, and I have been looking for something original to do with a group of about 15-20 people. My group of friends are mixed (men/women, married/single) all between the ages of 25 - 35. I've lived here all my life (therefore, I've done the usual things) and I need new ideas for a great day or night. I want to keep the cost for my guests down, but my husband is willing to spend a few hundred dollars if needed. Any ideas are appreciated.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

Do the murder mystery train ride in Filmore (have everyone dress up in costume if you want).

Rent a couple of limos (or one of those large SUV limo) and head up to the wineries outside of Santa Barbara for the day and go wine tasting.

Horseback ride from Sunset Ranch for lunch and back.

Sunday Brunch at Sagebrush Cantina is always fun.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

Those sound like good ideas, I'll have to look into them more. I don't know why but I just feel like... blah. I guess all the hype for the first "milestone" birthday isn't what it seems...

Thank you for your suggestion.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,235 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

Hey Irish, Try ;not to feel "blah". It just keeps gettin gbetter and better!

So far the 50s are the greatest!!!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

Have to say I loved my 30's - and I was very blah and nonexcited about them. They have been so much better than my 20's.

You'll have fun. Other option is to ditch the guys and just invite a few of your good close friends and spend the day and Burke Williams in Santa Monica. Have a facial or massage, girl talk in hoit tub or spa, play games in the great room....

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

One other idea, there is a place in Westlake Village called "Let's Get Cooking" they have a martini and appetizer night several times a month. It is a ton of fun and you get to eat and drink everything you make.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

Juxie, no that is something i haven't done...i like martini's!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

Thanks for the encouragement riffsmom... I think I just get my expectations too high sometimes.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

So far it's looking like Dive Bar hopping in a limo near Covina. Now I just have to figure out a theme and some games... any ideas??

9. Re: Turning 30 in L.A.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 20, 2009