We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim to Universal Studios

2 posts
Save Topic
Anaheim to Universal Studios

I will be staying in Anaheim for 5 days and wanted to check out Universal Studios. I will have a rental car for these days but I have heard all the LA traffic horror stories. Would it be easier to drive directly to Universal studios or drive to Long Beach and take the Metro (Blue Line then Red Line).

W Virginia
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

Its only 35-40 miles, two freeways. I would drive- yuo'll have more freedom with your schedule.. Take I-5 North to Hollywood Freeway ( 101) North and its an easy exit at Universal Studios. Theres paid parking at the top of the hill, you can spend time at the park and also at City Walk.

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

Honestly, traffic has been completely horrible these past few weeks. I think the next few days, I'll be planning to work at home.

My advice would be to not drive during rush hours. You will likely be passing downtown LA to get to Universal Studios, there is always going to be traffic here and horrible during the mornings on a weekday.

One thing you can do if you want to take the train, would be to take Amtrak from Anaheim to LA Union Station, about $8.50-$9 one way, and then transfer to the Metro redline to get off Universal City. A free shuttle is available which can take you to Universal Studios or you can walk it. Good luck to you!

West Coast
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anaheim to Universal Studios

I guess you can walk from the Metro station to Universal if you are up for a good hike straight up a steep very busy street. Take the shuttle

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now