We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

If ever in the area and u want to check out the Citadel Outlets in LA.. use the free shuttle! It's pretty gd & it's free. Starts from Union Station and picks up passengers along a designated route that pretty much covers Business District & Downtown. The very knowledgeable and friendly driver Robert will give u all the tips on how to survive LA. :) Seriously they were pretty handy. Just getting a locals views on places to avoid and see... besides the normal guides etc was interesting. He gave us advice on places if we must go to actually avoid during certain times. I use common sense as always when travelling and it was gd to hear Roberts views.

For visitors in Downtown LA who is not renting a car it's a great service to utilise and support if you want to head to Citadel. It's free, timely and for the first timer in LA can be a very informative ride. Please say hi to Robert for us if he is ur driver from the "Aussies". He says he drives the bus almost all days.

1. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, August 30, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

Thanks for this! I wish I had known about this last year but I'm sure my husband is glad we didn't lol!

How did you find the shopping there?

Coco

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

It's my first time in US so can't compare to other outlets. Am from Melbourne and in comparison to Oz prices there are some bargains and designs u can't get back home.. in general most things are cheaper with some items a lot cheaper.. eg. Kenneth Cole shorts $25USD, my GF got this coach clutch thingy for $80USD (everything in that shop that day was 50% off! no exception. If it's displayed it's 50% off marked price! I don't know how common this is but we thought it was cheap. a lot of shelves started to empty real quick and staff had to go to the back to put more back out). Levi's was reaaaally cheap too! Tommy H jumpers only $45USD. In MELB usually $129 AUD and when on sale is $99. Or cheaper like $60 if older stock. Spent late afternoon there. We caught the last shuttle back at 8.57pm, Robert and some other passengers were already at the Citadel stop. Others who came on bus also knew him by name. his the same to all passengers. :) Along the way back, Robert would look into rear mirror and call out "hey Aussies! remember this street earlier today watch how different it is now when I drive pass it". he showed us the comparison of streets we had passed earlier. They were dead quite. A busy area turns into a dark empty street if u venture too far or wrong direction. Yes common sense really but sometimes guidebooks don't give u this level of detail.

Happy Travels...

Danny

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

good to know this , i went there last year and made the bad decision of taking puiblic transport from hollywood , took forever

singapore
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

is the free shuttle available everyday?

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,910 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

I don't think the Citadel is the best outlet shopping in the area, but they are working to improve it.

www.citadeloutlets.com/info/shuttleanaheim

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

Here's the schedule from Downtown LA ...

…mallfinder.com/images/…CitadelSchedule.pdf

Google n check website again in case changes..

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

Here's the schedule from Downtown LA ...

…mallfinder.com/images/…CitadelSchedule.pdf

Google n check website again in case changes..

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

@scottca075 I was referring to Downtown LA area. What's the other one? What's the other one? Will make a note of it in case am in LA again. The link u posted is for Anaheim, I went to that outlet as well but that's not in LA LA though.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,910 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Citadel FREE Express from LA Downtown

The center may not have the shuttle to Downtown LA anymore since the link was supposed to be for the shuttle FROM Anaheim to the Citadel, which is in Commerce and the shuttle FROM Downtown, but I don't see the LA schedule.

You might want to write the management company and ask if they have the shuttle to DTLA anymore.

shop@citadeloutlets.com