We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA vs. San Diego

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
LA vs. San Diego

I'm planning a trip to LA with my boyfriend. We will be there for a total of four days and i need help with activities to do. I'm 24 and he's 25. One of the biggest things on my list is to participate in the dolphins interaction program at sea world San Diego. However, that's two hours away from our hotel. I will swim with dolphins though!

He's really like whatever, he just wants to go to the beach, eat at Roscoe's chicken and waffles and see the Lakers arena.

I would like to know would it be better for us to go to LA or San Diego? I've never been to California ever before so it will be new for me. I just want to get the most out of my trip.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: LA vs. San Diego

San Diego is a smaller city with a less congested feel to it. I think that it's easier to get a hotel near the water there than in LA. Sea World, the Safari Park, the waterfront, & La Jolla could occupy 2 days. Strangely we have hit upon some good theater in La Jolla & San Diego and their ballpark is nice.

In LA are you doing Universal Studios, the Getty, a movie studio tour, or any of the countless other things to do?

I volunteered at a place where I got to swim with dolphins. Unlike dogs & cats, dolphins are much more serious about eating fish than they are about playing with people. (If you played catch with a dolphin they had no patience for a bad toss). I don't know if they are still happening, but you might think about the seasonal tours to lagoons in Baja where people get to play with curious Grey WhaLe babies.

Edited: 11:28 pm, July 31, 2014
Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
La Jolla
La Jolla
San Diego, CA
12. Re: LA vs. San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 02, 2015