We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Queenstown, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Hi, we are gonna rent a car from Los Angeles Airport for 11 days round trip: LA - Grand Canyon - Las Vegas - San Francisco - LA. Does anyone have experience with Sixt car rental? They are much cheaper than others, I wonder why?

Also in their offer there are these cover (insurance) opitons:

- minimum excess LDW

- Loss Damage Waiver with an excess of USD 0.00

- Theft Protection with an excess of USD 0.00

- SLI

Do you think it´s sufficient for us as European Union citizens with no other insurance?

Thanks for any help!

Jakub

54 replies to this topic
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,270 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

I never hear of Sixt but CarRentals.com (which is well-known on this Forum) is offering the same prices. Perhaps, Sixt is their new name in the U.S.

Wellington, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

I am also looking at using SixT to go from LA to Vegas & wondering why they are so much cheaper so I will keep an eye on this forum :)

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

I rented a car from Sixt at LAX for 8 days for use while in LA and was extremely satisfied. The staff were friendly and efficient, the late-model car was clean (and an unsolicited upgrade), and return check-in was fast. The price was considerably less than the standard rental companies. Sixt apparently has just recently opened its office in LA. Travel to car pickup from the airport is via a shuttle bus for a hotel, but travel to and from airport were fairly quick. (I noticed a line for checkin and out but it seemed to move well.) I would rate these folks 5 stars based on this experience and recommend them highly..

LA
Level Contributor
11,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Beware of one-hit wonder posts about companies no one has ever heard of.

You have been warned.

Barcelona, Spain
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Haven't tried them in the US, but Sixt is pretty well-known and popular in Europe, especially in Germany, as their fleet is better.

Auckland
Level Contributor
6 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

I've used Sixt in Berlin before and they were fantastic. Great price, no hidden charges and excellent car. I'm needing to rent a car from LAX in Nov 2014 for 10 days and after lots of reviewing and checking of prices (and what inclusions/exclusions and insurance) for rental companies I decided to go with Sixt. So hopefully they live up to expectations. Booked a small SUV category for USD$316 for 10 days including $0 excess and liability insurance. I'll let you know how it goes!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Hello,

Have you already travelled? If so, How was your experience with Sixt?

Maria

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,362 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Interesting info about the company here:

www.sixt.com/further-information/about-us/

It is a German company in business for a long time that has recently opened offices here in the USA.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
16 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Has anyone finally used Sixt at LAX? It would be good to know how their shuttle service to Renaissance hotel works, and if the have an adequate availability of vehicles in that location. Thanks.

Auckland
Level Contributor
6 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire - LAX - Sixt

Based on reviews online there is a rental counter located in the lobby of the Renaissance and the cars parked in the hotel carpark. There is plenty of availability, if you go onto the Sixt website they have a long list of car types available there. Will be using them in just over a month, so will keep you posted.

Reply to: Car hire - LAX - Sixt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted