I plan to leave San Jose at ~5am, reach at ~11am. My itinerary for that day is as follows:
o Drive from home to Hollywood & Highland Center, park at 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028 [1 Hour for lunch, 1 Hour for sight seeing]
- Walk to Hollywood walk of fame (Hollywood Blvd & N Sycamore Ave)
- Get a Coffee at Starbucks near H&H to validate parking
- Photographs at Casting Couch near Starbucks
- Walk to Grauman’s Chinese Theatre
- Get back in the car, then drive to Santa Monica Pier
- Lunch at Hollywood (Bombay Grill)
o Drive from Hollywood to Santa Monica Pier (405 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095) [~40 minutes drive, 2-3 Hours sight seeing] - drive through Sunset strip on the way to Santa Monica
o Fill gas at Costco, 6100 Sepulveda Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91411 [~15-20 minutes total incl. drive]
o Drive back to hotel [~20-25 minutes drive]
o Dinner at Burbank, CA
For Day 2, we will just head to universal studios at ~8:15am (park opens at 9), spend the day there, and then drive back to San Jose after dinner.
For hotel, I am thinking of one of these 3. Any recommendation on which of these 3 is better?
El Patio Inn, Studio City - $134+tax for 2 queen bed room
Best Western Burbank Airport Inn, North Hollywood, CA 91605
$117 + $15.26 (tax) (2 Queens)
SUPER 8 NORTH HOLLYWOOD, North Hollywood, CA
$99 + $12.53
Any suggestions on which hotel may be a better choice? They are all wthin 5-8 miles from Universal Studios Hollywood.
Also, on the 2nd day, on our drive back to San Jose, we *may* need a cheap hotel (we will be driving back from I-5).. any suggestions on where to stop ~1-2 hours from Hollywood on our way back? I was thinking Santa Clarita, but wanted opinions..
Need help on:
1) Itinerary critique
2) Which hotel to chose near Hollywood from the three listed above
3) Which city to stay on our drive back home.. preferable inexpensive and about 1-hour from Hollywood on our drive back on I-5..