We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

Hello,

Have been told by tripadvisor member that the area around Kodak theatre is "safe". (sorry could not find where I could reply just to you"il")

What do you think about the hotels in that area? Orchid Suites, in particular...clean...friendly?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

It's been improving every year. However, although the area is safe, it does not "Feel Safe" after dark, especially for a woman walking alone, in my opinion.

If you are used to large cities, homeless. groups of teenagers hanging together, etc........you will probably be fine. If you are from Mayberry RFD, however, and are alarmed every time you see a tattoo or a nose ring...you might not care for this area.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

Josie,

No need to be concerned. The area around Kodak Theater and the Hollywood Orchid Suites are a safe area. A lot of tourists and people around even late at night. There's also security here and there. It's in a touristy area so you should be fine. I'm not sure which areas your friends mentioned is seedy, but for the most part LA is safe. Have fun!

hollywood
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

it is definitely safe after dark, lots of people around.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

It's perfectly safe. Orchid Suites is clean, friendly, safe.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,523 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

Don't worry. Be Happy. The Orchid Suites is in a perfectly safe area. well-lit and filled with tourists and locals until the late hours of the evening.

6. Re: I've been warned by friends about "seedy" areas in L.A.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 12, 2009