We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location Question on Apartment Rental

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
142 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Location Question on Apartment Rental

I'm looking at a possible apartment rental and would love some feedback on three locations. We will be there for 4 nights and will have a rental car. We will be visiting Santa Monica, Malibu, and the typical Hollywood, Beverly Hills attractions. Here are the locations:

1) N. Branson Ave. Between Santa Monica Blvd and Sunset Blvd

2) W. 6th St, near Rt. 110 and Wilshire Blvd

3) S. Cloverdale Ave, Between W. 3rd St and W. 6th St, north of W

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location Question on Apartment Rental

Of those, #3 is the best located I think, and the most central. The others too far to the east and #1 not as nice an area. #2 area niceness would depend if east (nice) or west (not so much) of the 110 freeway.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,377 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location Question on Apartment Rental

I'm with Mach. #2 is in an up and coming area of downtown -- lots of new apartments but not much in the way of stores, yet. Kind of like living on a movie set! The Cloverdale property is your best bet.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
142 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location Question on Apartment Rental

Any thoughts on Jefferson Luxury Apartments at N. Highland Ave Hollywood? It's right in the heart of Hollywood.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location Question on Apartment Rental

Very touristy location (think Times Square in New York, though not quite so grand or on such a large scale). Possibly noisy even at night. Would be very well located if no car due to great tour bus and public transit access nearby. With a car, I'd probably want to be somewhere further west in order to be as central as possible.

Edited: 5:03 pm, March 03, 2014
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,234 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location Question on Apartment Rental

Definitely Cloverdale is the best of your list.

6. Re: Location Question on Apartment Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 05, 2015