My husband and I (28 and 23) will be visiting California June 28 - July 7. The trip includes LA, Highway 1, and SF, but I'm wanting help with the LA portion of our trip here. (I'm posting on the other specific forums for specific questions about the other areas.) We will have a rental car.
Our schedule looks as follows:
July 1: Disneyland
July 2: Disneyland
July 3: Drive to San Simeon along the coast
July 4: Drive to San Francisco along the coast
July 5: SF
July 6: SF
July 7: Return to LAX via Hwy 5 to fly home
- Will we be able to get everything done on the first day that we've planned? What about the second day?
- Based on the activities we've chosen, which area would be the best for us to stay in?
- Which beach would be the best for us to visit based on the location of everything else we want to do? We really want to spend some time swimming and maybe taking a beginner surf lesson.
- Is the tour of the Chinese Theater worthwhile, or is it sufficient to just see if from the outside?
- We're struggling with the decision to go to Universal Studios. We went to the one in Florida last year, and so far haven't seen enough differences to warrant spending the cash and taking time away from other activities. What's your opinion?
I'd also appreciate any tips you have on anything else! Thanks so much!