We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeo Drive restaurants

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Rodeo Drive restaurants

We are in LA visiting for a few days & want to take a stroll down Rodeo Drive just to see it & window shop. Are there restaurants in the area where we could have lunch that are reasonably priced or are they all super expensive? Also, where should we park & about how much would the rates be? Thanks.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

There are some reasonably priced restaurants on or around Rodeo Drive. To start there's a Baja Fresh which is pretty good and is priced the same as any other Baja Fresh. A few of the better options that aren't too expensive (well, depending on your definition of expensive) would include The Farm Of Beverly Hills, Il Pastaio, or even the Cheesecake Factory.

As for parking, there are a few choices. First, there are a series of parking structures located between North Santa Monica Blvd. and South Santa Monica Blvd. in the Rodeo Drive area - these are metered and cost a few dollars per hour to park. There's also a large underground parking structure just south of South Santa Monica Blvd. which you can enter either on Beverly Drive (next to the big Crate & Barrel store) or on Canon Drive. It costs a few dollars an hour to park here as well. There are other options in the area as well, for instance a large above ground public structure located next to the Williams Sonoma store on the west side of Beverly Drive between Brighton Way and Dayton Way - I do not recall how much this structure costs. You'll see other options if you drive around the area. Sometimes you can find street parking in the area but be careful to read signs and pay the meters anywhere you park - Beverly Hills parking enforcement is notoriously thorough and you won't want to get a citation.

Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

Thanks for the info - it's very helpful. Are we okay wearing jeans to shop or eat at one of the places you suggested?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

Yes, won't be an issue at all.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,947 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

Despite your impression of Rodeo, it is not dressy, not fancy and not exclusive. It's a street like any other street, with high end shops, and also many low end shops sprinkled throughout. There are cross streets, and parallel streets, all with shops, cafes, chain stores (there's a Gap, Crate and Barrel and more), and fast food. You'll see people dressed up, you'll see fat tourists in sweats.

Wear whatever you like, and eat wherever it appeals. You'll find plenty of cheap restaurants - I like Brighton Coffee Shop, which is just a local coffee shop but it's been there for decades.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,356 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

Beverly Drive seems to have more restaurants than Rodeo. I love Nate & Al's Deli, The Farm and while I am not the biggest fan of The Cheesecake Factory, the one on Beverly Dr is the original one.

Also in BH for quick and dirty I like Papa Jake's Sub Shop for Philly style cheesesteak and hoagies.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,220 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

It really depends on what you mean by reasonably priced. If you don't order drinks or wine, even the upscale restaurants won't cost more than $30 or so for lunch. Is that 'reasonable'? If so, look at these:

1. Honor Bar -- a bar/restaurant attached to one end of the S. Beverly Grill (the latter of which will be pricier). Here's the menu: http://tinyurl.com/o4m79lt See? Not bad, right? If you're going to dine in Beverly Hills, you might as well have something out of the ordinary.

2. Sugarfish By Sushi Nozawa -- your friends back in NY are going to be so jealous that you're dining with the A-list at this popular Japanese restaurant. http://sugarfishsushi.com/our-menu

3. Doma (Italian) -- http://domabh.com/?page_id=19 (getting hungry, yet?)

If you head a little bit east of downtown Beverly Hills, there's a couple of wonderful discoveries:

1. Chaya Brasserie -- ridiculously expensive for dinner but surprisingly affordable for lunch:

thechaya.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Lunc…

(I couldn't get the above file to open so here's an 'unofficial menu' just in case:)

www.opentable.com/rest_profile_menu.aspx…

Tell you what, if you decide to go to Chaya, let me know and I'll buy the wine.

2. AOC -- http://www.aocwinebar.com/lunch.html -- happy eating!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

If you want t have a seat and a nice lunch all in for about 25 per person...this will include a drink go il Fornio or Villa Blanca ( of real housewife fame). Both are near Rodeo...there are no viable restaurant on the Drive itself...and have great people watching. If you are all adults I would say Villa Blanca...fun! If you are with children...il Fornio. Hop skip and jump had great suggestions as well...maybe a bit more pricey. I live in walking distance from Rodeo and those are no fuss options. N. Beverly Dr is East of Rodeo and has a ton of options....all fine. The Farm is great and do not go to Baja Fresh...1. Because you want something a bit more unique and 2. It's closed...it's not a Chipotle! Most underground lots with an entrance on Rodeo are 2 hours free.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

Adventure4H20 - I did wonder about children at Villa Blanca. Why the no no? Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
260 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

Hi, just wanna check if all the restaurants mentioned above welcome young children/babies? Villa Bianca aside.

M D
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rodeo Drive restaurants

Rich people shop there in casual clothes cause it's like going to target for them. Poor people dress up cause they care about fitting in. Retail workers know that the people in sweat pants have the most money.