We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Los Angeles

Where to stay for a 2 day trip in Los Angeles - downtown or hollywood.

Not to keen to be in the beach area

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,731 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles

Hi Flybug ~

Support is for asking technical questions. You need to post on the LA Forum. Here is the short cut:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g32655-i61-Los_Ang…

I would suggest you let them know how many there are of you, kids, when, what your interests are, what you want to do there (as that will influence where they suggest you stay) and IMO maybe where you are arriving from and going to after,( maybe from MEL that same day?) It pays to give a chunk of good info in order to get a chunk of good suggestions in return. If you asked this on the Vancouver Forum, I would come back with the same questions.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,218 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles

It looks like Trip Advisor has moved your question to the Los Angeles Forum. Welcome!

We do need to know more about you and your plans, your travel dates, budget for a hotel, what you're looking for as far as luxury, etc. Our TOP QUESTIONS box at the right side of this page has a wealth of info. You need a computer rather than a handheld device to see it. Here's a shortcut to similar content: (LInk and scroll down for the content):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i61-k506308…

After reviewing the content. post specific questions.

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles

I will be going to New York and later Los Angeles. Any suggestion whether to shop in New York or Los Angeles. I am using public tranport.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,731 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Angeles

Only to your disadvantage to necropost to a thread that was asking for a hotel 6 months ago. Go to the LA Forum page and use the New Topic/Ask a question button.

Redhill, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Angeles

Hello, loved LA myself. Just written a blog about it if you're interested in hearing how it went. I stayed on Sunset Blvd - will definitely be going again. My post about LA is here - missyred.co.uk/2014/…holiday-los-angeles.html

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Angeles

Can someone please recommend reliable shuttle or private service for family of 5 to go from LA airport to Legoland hotel.Arrival time at LA is 6:30 am.early January 2015.

All help much appreciated - thanks.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,319 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Angeles

ExcitedAus - please start a new thread so that people see your question and answer yours, not the very old one at the top.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Angeles

Thanks for your advice.

9. Re: Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 14, 2015