We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

international flight check in lax

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
international flight check in lax

I just booked towncar service from Temecula to LAX -- our flight leaves at 7:05 am -- and the car service wants to pick us up at 1:40 am!!!!

this seems extreme especially since we are leaving on sunday morning (which is a low traffic day). That pick up time will probably get us to lax at 3:15 am -- almost 4 hour early.

They said lax requires a 3 hour pre flight check in -- I thought it was 2 hours -- can't imagine why we would need to sit around for all those hours -- anyone with this experience?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,927 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: international flight check in lax

International or domestic flight? Will you have already checked in and have your boarding pass?

socal
Level Contributor
955 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: international flight check in lax

International. And yes we will check in but still need to check luggage.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,830 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: international flight check in lax

If this is a towncar and not a shuttle that is shared, you should be able to tell them what time you want to be picked up for your ride to LAX. 2 hours should normally be enough but there are longer lines on weekdays for the early Am flights domestic flights if your flight shares a terminal with domestic flights 2.5 would be a safe bet. if it is TBIT, I would say 2 hours is ok

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,741 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: international flight check in lax

Security lines can take forever and three hours is customary.

You should be able to tell a private car service what time you want to be picked up, not the other way around.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: international flight check in lax

I'd allow two hours travel time and would want to be there 2 or 2.5 hours ahead.

One thing to be aware of is that there often are roadworks in the wee hours on Freeways. You should be able to research this via Caltrans website.

6. Re: international flight check in lax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 19, 2014