We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day LA trip!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
6 day LA trip!

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I have planned a trip to LA on from the 3rd of July - 9th of July.

We have booked accommodation in Hollywood. We have decided not to hire a car as because we are under 25 it would be way to expensive and not to mention we have both never driven on the other side of the road before!

We are planning to visit:

- Warner Brothers Studios

- Hike to in Hollywood Hills and view Hollywood sign

-Trip to Venice and Santa Monica beaches

- A bus tour around LA to see main sights

- We were also thinking about going to the 'movies' and experiencing an American cinema! :)

If anyone has any recommendations on other activities we could do there or any info on good things to do on the 4th of July that would be great!!

Thanks

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,431 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 day LA trip!

Welcome to the LA forum, Stacey0811. The 4th of July is a popular beach, park, ballgame kind of day. Lots of folks out and enjoying the long holiday weekend. The beaches will be crowded, but that can be an experience in itself. I usually get to the beach around 9:30 am and leave by 1:00 pm, so crowds never affect me. But people watching can be a blast!

Nighttime fireworks displays are a big deal and can be found in many communities. By mid-June, we should know what cities will have fireworks displays and you should try to get to one. Hollywood Bowl is a great place for a concert and then fireworks afterward.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 day LA trip!

The Hollywood Bowl 4th of July shows is always a popular event.

Downtown LA is very trendy with lots of bars and restaurants. LA Live is a popular area, and since the Lakers and Kings will be on break, it may not be too crowded.

It might be tough getting around without a car, look into taking the Metro rail, it will be cheaper than cabs.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 day LA trip!

I would either head to the 4th of July concert at the Hollywood Bowl which includes fireworks, or head down to the Angels baseball game in Anaheim (angels.mlb.com) on the 4th which will also have fireworks. The same concert being shown at the Hollywood Bowl on the 4th of July is also being show on the 3rd, so if you arrive early enough on the 3rd you could go to the Bowl that evening and the Angels game on the 4th itself.

For other activities, I'd suggest a visit to the Griffith Observatory (www.griffithobs.org) - public transit only goes there Saturday and Sunday - other days you'd have to use a taxi (note that its also closed on Mondays). Its a good place to go and watch the sunset and then stay into the evenings for the planetarium shows, to use the telescope there etc. LA is beautiful at night and the Observatory has some of the best views of the city.

4. Re: 6 day LA trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 16, 2014